mercredi 20 novembre 2013

Entry #6

                                         

                  My listening comprehension


  It was really easier to understand the educators and the children ,in this sixth day of internship , than it was at the beginning. The reason is that I'm more focused and a special attention is given to what they say.  My stress as gone , so it's easier to assimilated their sentences and the words inside them.  Also , I try to interacted the least possible in french , but sometimes it's difficult. So, when I have struggle with some of the sentences I use a language learning strategy . The '' mnemonic techniques'' is effective , because when I didn't know the meaning of a word, I make  associations with similar  French and English words .

For exemple: When Lailing said that we will draw a ladybird , I didn't know what she meant.  What is a ladybug???? I search in my head some graceful insects  having a graceful name.  ''Coccinelle'' and ''libellule '' were in my choices. But I remembered that a ''libellule'' was a dragonfly.


 

                                 My accent:

I don't think that my English accent changed during my internship. The last time I went to my training , a asked an educator ( a bilingual) to find out if she noticed my accent and she replied affirmatively. She telled me that  she had difficulty to understand me , because I talk too fast. Every Thursday , I work in a children place so finding  difficults words is really hard. Educators want to make their sentences as easy to use as possible. They want to make themselves understood  in an easiest possible way , so they use an easy vocabulary to interact with children. It's for this reason that I didn't learn new ways to pronounce words . On the other hand, I noticed that I must put my teeth on my mouth to pronounce words beginning with '' t''. For Exemple: There, them , etc.



                                 The fluency:

After my sixth day of internship , I learned that they are some subjects that are easier to broch . The basic topics were the easiest ones to developed , because it was like I know them a lot.

For exemple: When I talked about  the activities of the day( what  we will do , which story I will read , and which activities will be interesting).

When I will help myself  , I use ''mnemonic technique'' strategy and also I ''practice '' a lot . When I do cognitions with words it really help my language.My stress disapears completely, and I speak more correctly.




                       The humour between English and French


I've noticed that English humour is more subtle then the French humour.  There's more allusion in English language humour than in French language. For exemple, when Jeffrey , an educator read a story for the kid , in front of the class , I can say that  it was memorable. I laughed to tears!!!

I explain. When he read '' Do you love me''?, the sentence in the book,  every children answered negatively  to this. He repeat this sentence a lot of times , mainly , because it was the more important sentence in the book. These children think that it's a real question adressed them. All I can say is that all the children in the place were English , so they uncouscious about the're assimilation of English humour.

On the other hand, I can say that I was totally disapointed when Jeffrey began to talk with an other educator using terms totally unknow for me. At the end of the conversation I understand that it was a conversation based of sexuals terms. I did not want to know more!!!!



                                    The accuracy:

I always made an attempt to speak more accurately. Also , I think that the repetition for the presentation with Eugénie helped me a lot . She practiced with me th ''s'' at the end of each verbs at the third person simple present.
EX: The boy helps her sister.
Now , I'm really consciencious about theses structures in each structure.



New words:


I learned the word ladybird, haha.



Bye:)




Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire