mercredi 9 octobre 2013

Entry#2

My arrival:

When I arrived at my internship placement, I was well received . Kim , my educator was here for me. Inside the basement, there was a lot of colors on the walls and I could already feel a pleasant atmosphere.


 My impressions:

The first thing that strucked me , was the fact that each child whom where of various nationalities were bilinguals. English and french were priorities languages , in this environment.I can said that Boys and Girls club is a place where English language is essential and the most commonly spoken. I saw my childrens. They were eight. Five girls and three boys.

The interaction between some childrens was a little bit difficult , because they don't understand me when I talk to them , so I must improvise. I use techniques to make my students more comfortables.
For exemple , I read a story in English. On a way , it will help the child to understand English and on the other way it will help me to practice this language.


My new vocabulary

When I went to the bathroom with my group , I ask to Kim some advices:

1 .Some childrens had problem to catch the soap , so I must interact with them and give clear indications. I learned  that '' put your hand under the water'' and '' wash each finger'' will be the right sentences to make myself clear.

2. After the bathroom visit, we took a walk outside the basement. More specifically on the park situed beside the club. It was cold , so I advise my childs to ''put on'' their coats , so I can ''zip up '' them.

3. During the walk , I saw a flower that I remembered the name in French , but I forgot the name in English. Pissenlit was called '' dandy lion'' pour dent de lions . It was fulfilling!!!!


See you next week:)



Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire