mercredi 23 octobre 2013

Entry #3

                               My second day

  On my second day of internship at Boys and Girls Club, I was assigned to a new group of children. The educators , Nelly and Lailing were really sympathetic and they introduced me at my new group. I saw a difference between this group and the other group that I was with. Firstly, they are twelve children , nine girls and three boys. I saw that this group was more culturaly diversify than the first one. Effectively, Two were from Québec, one from Morocco, two from Philippines , one from Yugoslavia , one from Spain and two from Egypt.
Two childrens don't know English and French language and the three quarter talk only in English. It's going to be a long day!


                              My interaction in English

  On the morning, it was  free time , so , I head down to the toy bin , where all the children playing. I asked questions to a lot of guys and girls about where they come from , what is their favourite , colour meal and movie. Some children answered me clearly , but I saw  misunderstood on  some kid's faces. For the children that don't understand my questions , I try to explain on an other way , like in trying  hand gestures to represent  my words. Unfortunately, sometimes it failed. For example, when a child didn't understand me , he just don't answered  and continue what he was doing . Yes , it was a big challenge to try interacted with a child who don't understand what I've said ! I noticed , that the children were really polite with me and coming up to me for playing. This interaction contribute to my progress as a language learner , because the way that I interacted with these children , has helped to strengthen my sense of observation and my ways of using my gesture with them.






              

                       My observations of anglophone culture

   When it was time to lunch , every kids opened their lunchboxes and I saw a diversity of food. It was fascinating to watch them eating. The kind of meals they ate were  fish ,  macaroni and  rice. When the kid's weren't eating  fast enough , Lailing helped with meals. She used the term '' miss'' and '' madame'', to start a conversation with the girls. I've noticed that Lailing and Nelly were not treating the children like babies  ( It's good to help get this through quickly). Also , when the children  used  a lack of full of respect , the educators raised their voices to speak for themselves. The anglophone environment is a really welcoming place  and I saw a difference between a place like this and and a francophone environment.  The educators wear Staff t-shirt and jeans. Finaly, I can say that there is no break  during  my internship , because the activities that we have with children were not that stressfull.

 

                           New words and structure

I learned new words  and new structures, during my internship . Particularly, when I ate with the children. '' Chew'' and '' swallow'' words were regularly iterated, so I really acquired theses words in my head. Also ,  when it was time to make the homeworks ( make a drawing) , I heard the sentence '' follow the dots''  a lot of time by the educators. I can use these words  when I will be with for my future children. Haha:)


That's it:)



Have a good day and see you next week:)           

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire