jeudi 31 octobre 2013

Entry #4

                My linguistic interference



  On this third day of internship , I saw the French language has interfered with my communication in the English language . Effectively, when I didn’t know how to construct a good sentence , I picked french words that were similar to English. 

                                   The challenge

    One of the challenges caused by linguistic interference was trying to interacted with children who didn’t understand me. My accent can’t helped , in this situation. For example , when I questioned a child he answered me oinan other way. So, when I attempted to reformulate my point of view , my accent spoiled all my ideas.

 

   On the other hand, when I used the expression ‘’ it’s all Greek to me ‘’ , during an activity with some children , my word reached their target  for the educators . My accent and the pronunciation of certain words were mediocre. All of these observations contributed to my progress as a language learner , because I can see  my  week points : my pronunciation and my accent) to improve.
 
 
 
 

 


                            The difference between being an internship

                                                     vs

                                       being in a classroom           

 




     I saw a difference between being in a language immersion situation  and being in a language classroom. Firstly , when I was in my internship I was able to use the words and structures the in a better way for me and talk about what I want no matter if it was the right moment.  I was able to acquire language without a structured classroom setting , because I listened to the instructions that the educators gave me. I can said that it was like doing improvisation , because I talked  about  anything with the children.


 
  The language learning strategy that have been effective for me is ‘’practicing’’, because I always talked in English and repeated a lot of the same words in my head , to assimilate them. With this strategy they will stay in my head for a long time. Also, ‘’ the mnemonic techniques’’ strategy was really effective for me. When I didn’t know the meaning of certain words, I made cognitions with others words and associations.
 
 
 

                  New words, structures and  a new expression


''Put it away'' was a structure that I heard a lot of the time , during my internship.This structure served to make myself understood by  the children in saying ( stop playing) ! , when it was not  the time. Also , when we're going to the bathroom , the term ‘’ dry your hands’’ helped me a lot to tell the children what they must do after  washing  their hands. The expression ‘’ Every dog has is day’’ was used by an educator , when a child cried in the morning. Obviously , the child didn’t understand what was the meaning of this expression. Basically,
it means that every person has their bad days , but after it passed. In the future, I could use this expression , when one of my friends doesn’t feel good. What’s about the two word. I could use these two terms when I will be in a situation in my future job with children.

 
     

 See you soon:)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire